Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trying a new recipe.

At Easter time my husband and I love to eat the Russell Stovers Coconut Nests.  Here is what they look like in the ones that you buy in the store.  Kelly was looking for recipes on line one day for something totally different and came across one that said coconut easter nest.  So we decided to give it a try.  Kelly made them at home here in Coalville and then I decided that I needed to make them for my mom while we were in Green River, cause she likes them as much as we do.
Here is the finished product of how they turned out.  I even made some green ones (mint).
They are really easy to make.  All you need is a bag of Milk Chocolate Chips and a third of a bag of coconut.  Take the coconut and spread it out on a cookie sheet.  Broil it until it turns a golden brown color. (Make sure you watch it, cause it doesn't take long.)  Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave, the mix the two ingredients together.  Form into nest shapes on a pan and add the jelly beans for decoration.  
If you want to do the mint ones, use white chocolate instead, add flavoring, and food coloring.

1 comment:

Teri said...

These are so yummy!!!